Best Western The Hotel California
Best Western The Hotel California
580 Geary Street
This historic (1913) San Francisco, California hotel is located next door to many of San Francisco's leading attractions including the cable cars, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, the Museum of Modern Art and Chinatown. The Best Western Hotel California has been named by the New York Times as one of the 13 best affordable hotels in San Francisco. Alaska Airlines Magazine describe it as offering "Elegance in the Theater District". The hotel features Beautyrest Mattresses, American maple hardwood floors in all rooms, leather furniture, a new fitness center and meeting room, and California - themed art work. Enjoy a complimentary frosted Tequila shot upon check-in, and a free daily wine and cheese reception. Guests will enjoy our award-winning restaurant and wine bar, Millenium. In addition to free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms, we offer free Internet terminals and a printer in the lobby. Both the University of California Hastings and San Francisco State University are half a mile from the hotel. San Francisco's finest shopping is a short walk away in Union Square; Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Norstrom, H&M and Saks 5th Avenue. Leave your heart at the Best Western Hotel California when you visit San Francisco.
Amenities· Business Center
· Fitness Center or Spa
· AM/FM Alarm Clock
· Coffee Maker in Room
· 24 Hour Front Desk
· 24 Hour Front Desk
· Free Local Telephone Calls
· Hairdryers Available
· Safe Deposit Box
· Television with Cable
· American Dollars is the native currency.
·From: South 101 Take 101, exit on 7th St. Follow 7th Street all the way to Market. Cross Market and turn right on Leavenworth. Take another right on O'Farrell. Go down two blocks and take a Left on Taylor. Go up one block and take a left on Geary. The Hotel California is on your right hand side between Taylor and Jones. ·From: South 280 Take 280 north towards Downtown San Francisco. Exit on 6th street. Follow 6th Street to Market St. Cross Market St. After you cross Market Street, 6th Street becomes Taylor. Continue on Taylor until you come to Geary St. Take a left on Geary. The Hotel California is at the end of the block on the right hand side. ·From: North 101 Follow 101 South over the Golden Gate Bridge. When in San Francisco, continue to follow 101 south. You will be on Lombard St. Follow Lombard to Van Ness Ave. Cross Van Ness and go five more blocks to Jones St. Take Right on Jones. Go down to Post Street and Take a Left on Post. Go two blocks and take a right on Mason. Go down to Geary and Take a right. The Hotel California is two blocks down on the corner of Geary and Jones. ·From: 80 West (Bay Bridge) From the Bay Bridge, take the 5th Street exit towards U.S. 101 N/ Golden Gate Br. Take a left on Harrison. Take a right on 6th Street. Follow 6th to Market St. Cross Market St. After Market, 6th Street becomes Taylor. Continue on Taylor until you come to Geary Street. Take a left on Geary. The Hotel California is at the end of the block on the right hand side.
You must use a credit card to book online.
Cancellation policies vary from hotel to hotel. Most current and accurate cancellation policies will appear on your confirmed reservation notification.
Area AttractionsCorporate Locations:
* .4 mile(s) from JDV Hospitality * .7 mile(s) from Kimpton HotelsRecreation:
* .8 mile(s) from Yerba Buena Gardens, bowling and ice skatingNearby Cities:
* 7 mile(s) from Sausalito * 7 mile(s) from Daly City * 10 mile(s) from Oakland * 13 mile(s) from Berkeley * 30 miles(s) from Palo Alto * 50 mile(s) from San Jose * 387 mile(s) from Los AngelesEducation:
* .5 mile(s) from University of California Hastings, law school * .5 mile(s) from San Francisco State University, downtown business school campus * 1 mile(s) from California Culinary Academy, Restaurant and Hospitality school * 2 mile(s) from Golden Gate University, small private university * 5 mile(s) from San Francisco State University, main campus * 10 mile(s) from Samuel Merritt, private college in Oakland CA * 15 mile(s) from UC Berkeley, private school * 30 mile(s) from Stanford University, elite private university * 40 mile(s) from Santa Clara University, small private college * 50 mile(s) from San Jose State University, large public universityLocal Attractions:
* .1 mile(s) from Curran Theater * .3 mile(s) from Union Square * .1 mile(s) from Theater District * .6 mile(s) from San Francisco Centre * .7 mile(s) from Chinatown * .8 mile(s) from Metreon * .8 mile(s) from Museum of Modern Art * 1 mile(s) from ACT Theater * 1.5 mile(s) from Embarcadero Center * 1.5 mile(s) from Ferry Building * 2 mile(s) from Haight Street * 2 mile(s) from Fisherman's WharfShopping:
* .3 mile(s) from Macy's * .4 mile(s) from Sak's 5th Ave * .5 mile(s) from H&M * .5 mile(s) from DSW Shoe Warehouse * .6 mile(s) from Armani Exchange * .6 mile(s) from Urban Outfitters * .6 mile(s) from Gap * .6 mile(s) from Banana Republic * .7 mile(s) from Nordstrom's * .7 mile(s) from Bloomingdale's * .7 mile(s) from Juicy CourtureTransportation:
* 15 mile(s) from San Francisco International Airport * 20 mile(s) from Oakland International Airport * .5 mile(s) from Powell Street Bus Station To get to the hotel, walk up Powell three blocks to Geary. Take a left and walk down Geary three blocks. * 1 mile(s) from San Francisco