Chancellor Hotel on Union Square
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square
433 Powell St.
The Chancellor Hotel on Union Square is a charming 137 hotel located in the heart of San Francisco. Since 1914, it is still a classic boutique hotel serving guest who want to be surrounded by world class shopping, restaurants, and theatres at a good value. When you aren't shopping, dining, just step out of our lobby and ride the Powell Street Cable car past Chinatown, over nob hill, and by Lombard Street to Fisherman's Wharf. At Fisherman's Wharf, boats depart for Alcatraz Island, Sausalito, and Tiburon for some great sightseeing. The Business traveler will also find great value in our hotel because of its short walk to the Moscone Convention Center, free local calls, two line phones with data ports and the Chancellor Hotel's Clipper Ship meeting room.Every room, including the two room suites, are decorated in a classic European motif, and contains the amenities that our guests have come to expect. Additionally, the entire is completely non-smoking for your comfort.Wired or Wireles?We have what you need. The Lobby, Bar, Dining room, and Meeting Room have a free Wi-Fi signal available. Luques Restaurant & Bar, located just off the lobby of the hotel, offers breakfast, lunch, and room service. The menu features California Cuisine. The Bar is warm and approachable, featuring specialty cocktails, local draft, bottled beer and a pleasing and diverse wine list emphasizing the best that California has to offer.
· Business Center
· 24 Hour Front Desk
· Handicapped Rooms/Facilities
· Express Checkout
· Meeting/Banquet Facilities
· No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
· No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
· Room Service
· Safe Deposit Box
· Shops/Commercial Services
· Fitness Center or Spa
· Television with Cable
· Laundry/Valet Services
Room InformationCharming Non-Smoking Queen Room
Non-smoking queen room offers a classic European motif decor equipped with dual line phone with data port hook-up, free wireless internet access, oversize soaking tub/shower with rubber duck, menu of 12 pillow types, umbrella, safe, ceiling fan, nintendo game counsole and free local calls. 1 Rollaway allowed. Sleeps 3.
Charming Non-Smoking Two Twin Room
Non-smoking two twin room offers a classic European motif decor equipped with dual line phone with data port hook-up, free wireless internet access, oversize soaking tub/shower with rubber duck, menu of 12 pillow types, umbrella, safe, ceiling fan, nintendo game counsole and free local calls. 1 rollaway allowed. Sleeps 3.
Charming Non-Smoking Run of House Room
Non-Smoking Run of House room offers a classic European motif decor with either One Queen bed or Two Twin beds. Rooms come equipped with dual-line phone with data port hook-up, free wireless Internet access oversize soaking tub/shower with rubber duck, menu of 12 pillows, umbrella, safe, iron & board, hair-dryer and free local calls. 1 Rollaway allowed. Sleeps 3 .
Indicated rates for search purposes only; check for specific rate when making reservations.
· American Dollars is the native currency.
Driving Directions from the Primary Airport to the property: Take Hwy 101 North to Interstate 80 east (*towards Bay Bridge). Exit on Fourth Street ( Last SF exit before approaching Bay Bridge). Fourth Street exit turns (veers one-way left) onto Bryant Street. Continue on Bryant and turn left onto Third street. Continue on Bryant and turn left onto Third Street.Continue up Third Street and cross Market Street (Third Street will change into Kearny after you've crossed Market St.)Continue up Kearny and turn left onto Sutter St. Then Proceed three blocks on Sutter and turn left onto Powell Street.The Hotel os located 1/2 block down on the right hand side.
Driving Directions from the Secondary Airport to the property: Take the Bay Bridge and stay in the right-hand lane as you near SF. Exit on Fremont Street (1st exit on right hand side over the main span). Proceed down Fremont Street to Howard Street. Turn left on Howard Street to Third Street.Turn left onto Third Street. *Third street will change into Kearny Street after you've crossed Maret street. *Proceed for six and a half blocks to Sutter Street and turn left onto Sutter. Proceed down Sutter for three blocks until Powell Street then make a left onto Powell Street. The hotel is located 1/2 block down on the right hand side.
SFO-San Francisco-0 mi N
-SFO- San Francisco Intl Airport: 12 mi NW or -OAK- Oakland Intl Airport: 18 mi SE
All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Exceptions may apply during holidays, special events, or conventions.
Must cancel at least 1 day prior to arrival date to avoid a penalty of 1 night stay plus tax. No-show fee: 1 night stay plus tax. Exceptions may apply during holidays, special events, or conventions.
Restaurant InformationLuques Restaurant & Bar
* Type: Restaurant, Bar/Lounge * Cuisine: American- Dress code: Casual SERVING TIMES * Breakfast: 0700-1200 * Lunch: 1200-1430 * Dinner: Room service/bar menu
Meeting FacilityMeeting Facilities & Services
The property has 1 meeting room with a total maximum capacity of 25 people. The property also provides the following meeting services: Audio/Visual Equipment, Computer Printing, Copy Service, Internet Connectivity, Computer Available, Fax Machine, Shipping, Catering, Computer Modem Hookups, Equipment Rental, Fax Service.Clippership Room
* Dimensions: 400 square ft:20'x20' * Maximum Capacity: 25 * Description: The Clipper Ship room is an unusal room that ws created in 1937 to commemorate a special era in aviation and Bay Area History. The room's interrior is reminiscent of an airplane and boasts an aerial photo panorama of San Francisco as it was in 1935. The Clipper room in size is 400 square feet with an 8ft ceiling, built in white board and air conditioning. Metting room rental charges are based on the number of hours the rooms' use is required. Rental charges are as follows: $75 Half Day (1-4 hours), $150 Full Day (5-9 hours), $200 24 Hors (10-24). In addition to rental charges, there is a $10 setup/teardown fee for each required room configuration. Catering is provided by the Chancellor Hotel. Food and beverage charges are subject to sales tax and gratuity, and are separate from meeting room and setup/teardown charges. To enquire about additonal information please contact Darla Snodgrass at 1-800-428-4748.
NO CHARGE * Cardio vascular exercise * Stationary bike CHARGE * Billards/Snooker * ShoppingSightseeing tours ON REQUEST * Dancing * Ice skating * Museum/Gallery viewing * Night clubs * Wine tasting
Area AttractionsArea Attactions & Landmarks
* San Francisco - 0 mi N * Union Square - 0 mi S * Fisherman's Wharf - 3 mi N * San Francisco Intl Airport SFO - 12 mi NW * Chinatown - 2 mi NE * Cable cars - 1 mi S * World Class shopping - 0 mi N * Alcatraz - 3 mi N * Oakland Intl Airport OAK - 18 mi SE * Moscone Convention Center - 1 mi SE * Museums - 1 mi SE * Curran Theatre - 1 mi NW * Orpheum Theatre - 1 mi SW * Golden Gate Theatre - 1 mi NW * Warfield Theatre - 1 mi SW * Metreon - 1 mi SE